The Expo features the finest in home-grown, high-end design. The curators are thus looking for work of this calibre.
- Products on display must:
- be of a high, export-quality standard in terms of production and design, so as to attract our international buyers and excite the local market
- be designed by a South African or Southern African designer, or a designer with residency status. The product needn’t be wholly manufactured in South Africa, but this is certainly preferable
- not be generic, copycat versions of international work
- not be generic, copycat versions of other local work
- be original and offer something unique that differentiates them from the rest of the market
- adhere to the principles of good design, whether they are contemporary or classic in nature (ie appropriate form and finish, innovative ideas, creative input, etc…)
Past exhibitors do not need to go through the curator process.