In 2013, at the age of 20, Katlego Magano started working at TopshopZA, where his love for fashion grew. In 2014 he went to Leaders In The Science of Fashion (LISOF) to study and gain a better understanding of the fashion industry.
In the same year he was selected to work at Africa Fashion International (AFI) and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Joburg, where he was exposed to fashion show production. He was then selected to work with Jan Malan on various productions within Africa. These include:
- Night With The Stars Fashion Show
- Kinshasa Fashion Week (DRC)
- The K-Walk Fashion Show (Cameroon)
- Masa Square Fashion Show (Botswana)
- Windhoek Fashion Week (Namibia)
- Mrs South Africa
- Men’s Health Menswear Fashion Show
- Guess SS18 Collection Fashion Show
- Anglo American PlatAfrica Awards
- AFI Joburg Fashion Week
- AFI Cape Town Fashion Week
- Born In The Gold Coast State Dinner for Prince of Wales (Ghana)
- Global Citizen Gala Dinner
He then enrolled himself in the AFI young producers programme and got to work at Joburg Fashion Week as a young, up-and-coming producer. He worked alongside Mary Reynolds in producing the AFI Fastrack Showcase.
In 2016 he went into publishing. He worked at Ndalo Media, first as an intern, and then was promoted to fashion assistant for the magazines Destiny and Destiny Man. Over the years his passion for fashion has grown and he became a stylist. His work has been seen in Elle SA, Destiny and Destiny Man, 10and5, Huff Magazine, True Love Magazine and on Netflix SA.
In 2018 he co-created his own production company OakAve, which saw him producing shows at AFI Joburg Fashion Week, AFI Cape Town Fashion Week, Forbes Africa Women Conference in Kenya, Edcon Buy Local Conference fashion show alongside David Tlale, and the ANC Women’s Conference fashion show.
He currently works as a fashion editor, stylist, producer and creative director.