Michael Bierut shares five important lessons that he has learnt about graphic design.
- Don’t be so darned clever
- You get power by giving power away
- The real opportunity may not be part of your scope of work
- Consistency does not equal sameness
- The audience is more wonderful than you think
Bierut show a variety of the some of graphic design work he has done over the years, from posters to corporate identities.
He also talks about the Robin Hood Foundation and a library initiative that redesigns public school libraries in New York. From poetry to journalistic illustrations and Manga-inspired superheroes, Michael Bierut looks at some of the possibilities for filling the space between the shelves and the ceiling in libraries.